We have made this for a large family gathering when folks are over visiting and we have scaled it back to feed just my family of four. Better yet is how extremely easy it is. Just thirty minutes in the oven and you are on your way. While it’s cooking, I make my sides so everything is finished at about the same time. This is one of our simplest “go-to” dishes during harried school and work days.
- 12 whole Chicken Legs
- 1 sticks Butter
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipolte powder (optional)
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Pour in lemon juice (fresh or bottled). Now add your seasonings. Stir it together until combined.
- Rinse and pat your chicken legs dry. With metal tongs, transfer them one by one into the butter mixture and place on a baking sheet. Once all of the chicken legs are coated and on the baking rack, take a pastry brush and give them one last coating of the butter mixture. Sprinkle them with some more of your seasonings.
- Place them into a 400°F oven for 30 minutes. If they need a bit more color, turn on the broiler for a couple minutes but watch them closely.