Best Caramel Popcorn
and Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb Movie Review and giveaway Sponsored by Vocal Point and 20th Century Fox.
Loaded Popcorn is a fun and festive way to kick off our “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb” #VPMovieNight sponsored by Vocalpoint & 20th Century Fox. ONE lucky reader will win a digital download copy of “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb” the giveaway is open to US Residents, ages 18+ years of age. The giveaway ends on 04/05/15 at 11:59 PM (ET). Simply follow the Rafflecopter entry form below for your chance(s) to win. Come back daily to complete your extra entries!
I have LOVED all the Night at the Museum movies and I so I couldn’t wait to see the “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb!” I really was filled with mixed emotions about seeing it considering it was Robin Williams last film. The film is filled with fun and adventure for the whole family so it’s perfect for younger kids, tweens, teens and adults alike. VocalPoint sent us Family Movie Night in a box. We are giving away a digital copy but we also have this $8 coupon off purchase of the movie and these fun downloadable games and activity pages to become a character from the movie, as well as a cut out of Flat Dexter. We had fun with Flat Dexter. He’s cute and my daughter thought he was hysterical.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Arrange the popcorn (and peanuts, if you are using them) in a well oiled 9? by 18? jelly roll pan.
- Get out a 2 quart sauce pan and combine the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup and salt over low heat.
- After the margarine melts, cook without stirring for 3 minutes. It should be bubbling gently during the 3 minutes. Stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Quickly pour this over the pan of popcorn. Mix with a spatula, spoon of heat proof gloves to coat the popcorn evenly. Bake the pan at 300 °F for about 15 minutes. Toss again to try and coat evenly.
- Break it up into pieces and serve.