It had been a long time since I’ve eaten salmon. Now that I’ve been able to re-discover it, I find that I can’t stop eating it. Salmon has a very light taste with a meaty texture and stands up well to many different cooking mediums and seasonings. My latest expedition was to try this Cajun- style Baked Salmon.
Quick cooking and delicious, this is a meal you can deliver to the table in under 15 minutes.You can opt to use a pre-made Cajun or blackening seasoning mix, available at most grocers, or create your own.
Cajun-Style Baked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 4 salmon fillets, bones removed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, as the skin from the fillet(s) will stick to the pan.
- Brush salmon fillets with butter, and sprinkle evenly with the seasoning mixture. Gentry rub the mix around to get even coverage.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until fish flakes easily.