Recently while dining out at a local restaurant I discovered the smoky flavor of grilled cedar plank salmon and instantly I fell in love. This makes an easy but elegant date night dinner or easy entertaining dish that is sure to impress your guests. The recipe really couldn’t be more simple.
Cedar Plank Salmon
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon filet, cut into equal 4 pieces
- olive olive for drizzling
- 1 lemon for zest and juice
- Ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cajun or blacken seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- Heat planks according to package directions.
- Drizzle oil over both sides of fish
- In a small bowl, combine ground pepper, dill, garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of fish. Place fish skin-side down on the plank(s). Zest 1 lemon across tops of fish and squeeze half the lemon over all fish. Use the other half for garnish, if desired.
- Place planks on grill and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from grill and transfer fish to a serving plate removing skins before serving.
- Garnish with additional lemon juice, fresh parsley.