Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies
Yield 4 dozen
While the story surrounding this cookie is fictitious, the Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies from "Neiman-Marcus" are undeniably delicious nevertheless.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon instant espresso powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 ° Fahrenheit.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the work bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the mixer, about 1/4 at a time, on low mixing completely between each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips and espresso powder, and mix until just incorporated.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or a silicon baking mat. Using a cookie scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet in rounded spoonfuls about 3 inches apart. There is room on the sheet for only about six or eight cookies at a time. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown along the edges. Remove from the oven and cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet until transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.9 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 133 mg
Total Carbohydrates 18.7 g
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 1.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.