Rice pudding is such a comfort food for me. It’s sweet enough to satisfy a dessert craving, but is also able to double as an indulgent breakfast or midday snack. My Mom made rice pudding seasonally growing up only her version came baked in the oven. I still enjoy that variety but this creamier version really struck a chord with me.The addition of coconut milk also bumped it up a notch and aside from the raisins, my husband and kids enjoyed it, too.
Coconut Rice Pudding
Coconut Rice Pudding is a southern treat best enjoyed warm and with a side of family.
- 1 can (13.6 fluid oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup milk, whole, almond or soy
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup long grain rice, basmati, jasmine or Arborio
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins, regular or golden or a mix
- toasted coconut, garnish
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 20.4 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 17 mg
Total Carbohydrates 80.5 g
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
Sugars 39.2 g
Protein 6.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.