Easy Citrus Salad is my favorite go-to for get-togethers, potlucks, and family dinners. I like that all I need are some fresh grapefruit, navel oranges, and tangelos to make this salad. I pair the citrus with fresh sweet mint (spearmint) from my garden and a citrus vinaigrette.
I start by slicing the peels off the fruit. I then slice each one into thin cross sections to form wheels. I love how something so simple is so beautiful and elegant. I used fresh sweet mint from my garden but you can also use lemon thyme, lemon basil, tarragon, or parsley. Each of these herbs compliments this fresh salad very well.
Generally, I make my own vinaigrette in-house but if you’re short on time, you can certainly use a vinaigrette from the store, like Newman’s Own Citrus Splash. It has great flavors that compliment this dish and it contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
If you’re short on time but still want to create an easy yet awe-inspiring fruit salad to your next gathering, give this Easy Citrus Salad a try!
Easy Citrus Salad
- 2 large pink grapefruits
- 4 large navel oranges [ See Note 1]
- 8 tangelos or mandarine oranges
- 4 sprigs of fresh sweet mint (spearmint) [See Note 2]
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 bottle Citrus Vinaigrette, like Newman's Own Citrus Splash
- Peel citrus, removing as much pith as possible, and slice into wheels. Remove any seeds and layer fruit on a serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and red onion.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Blood oranges make an awesome presentation if you can find them. I also like red navel oranges.
- May substitute other fresh herbs for the mint. Tarragon, lemon thyme, lemon basil, or parsley all pair well with this salad.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like: