French Toast Casserole with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 10 eggs
- 8 hot dog buns (or hamburger buns), cut into 1 inch OR 10 slices of day old bread, cubed
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl beat eggs with half and half add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla, beat for 1 minute, add bread.
- Push bread down into the egg mixture making sure all pieces are covered. Let sit for 30 minutes, add blueberries and gently toss.
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF
- Coat a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray, pour bread mixture into dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 15 minutes.