Greek Chicken Keftedes Meatballs
Nonstick cooking spray 3 garlic cloves, minced 1 egg, lightly beaten 1/3 cup minced white onion 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs 1 teaspoon dried mint 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1 pound ground chicken 1/2 medium seedless cucumber, shredded 1 6-ounce carton plain Greek yogurt, regular or low fat 2 tablespoons fresh mint 1 tablespoon fresh dill Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic Salt and ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced white onion
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber, shredded
- 1 6-ounce carton plain Greek yogurt, regular or low fat
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Finely sliced English cucumber
- pita bread/Naan
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced sweet onions
- Prepare Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together garlic, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, oregano, mint and salt. Add chicken and stir (or mix with hands) until just combined. Do not overmix. Using hands, gently form into golf ball-sized meatballs and place on prepared baking pan.
- Bake meatballs 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
- Meanwhile, prepare Yogurt Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate.
- Garnish meatballs with feta and cucumber; serve with Tzatziki Sauce.