Grilled Filet Mignon with Steamed King Crab Legs
Grilled perfectly, the steak was tender and delicious and the crab legs were salty and succulent. We topped our steaks (not pictured) with a bit of peppered goat cheese and parsley. Ready in under 30 minutes, this is a delicious and easy special occasion meal to enjoy on date night with your sweetie. Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy ~Ronda
- 2 (6-ounce) filet mignon, about 1 inch thick
- 2 lbs Alaskan King Crab Legs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ounce fresh goat cheese, cut into 2 slices
- fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, for garnish
- Heat your grill to high.
- Brush the filets with the oil and season both sides of each filet with the salt and 1 side of each filet with the black pepper. Place the steaks on the grill, pepper side down and grill until lightly charred and crusty, 5 to 6 minutes minutes. Turn the steaks over, and grill for and additional 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- Turn the steaks, once more so that the pepper side is facing up and top each filet with a slice of the cheese. Close the cover and grill until the cheese begins to melt slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove the steaks from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley leaves, before serving.
- For the Crab:
- Steam on rack over ¾ inch boiling water 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with melted butter