Loaded Halloween Caramel Popcorn is always a fun and festive way for us to celebrate the season. It’s is always very well received no matter where we go and has fast become a favorite for the kids and adults alike. People really go crazy for it!
We started making our own caramel corn over the last couple of years. Once you see how easy it is to make caramel corn, you’re going to be pretty upset that you didn’t try it sooner — I know I was. This recipe can easily be used for other party menus. It would be the perfect snack for a birthday party, an office party, tailgating or even as homemade holiday gifts.
I am very big into DIY gifts at the Holidays. Simply by substituting the “mix-in” ingredients for seasonal M&M’s or other candies you can easily make specialty blends of caramel popcorn for nearly any occasion. It’s so versatile.
This popcorn is so delicious, we just couldn’t stop eating it! If you prefer a batch that is more heavily coated in caramel, use only 4 cups of popcorn instead of the 8 cups of popcorn that we used in this recipe.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Arrange the popcorn (and peanuts, if you are using them) in a well oiled 9? by 18? jelly roll pan.
- Get out a 2 quart sauce pan and combine the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup and salt over low heat.
- After the margarine melts, cook without stirring for 3 minutes. It should be bubbling gently during the 3 minutes. Stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Quickly pour this over the pan of popcorn. Mix with a spatula, spoon of heat proof gloves to coat the popcorn evenly. Bake the pan at 300 °F for about 15 minutes. Toss again to try and coat evenly.
- Break it up into pieces and serve.
If you liked this Halloween Caramel Popcorn, you may also like these recipes: