If there’s one side dish we love to have with grilled steak, it’s mushrooms. They just seem to go so well together. Sometimes I make them in a gravy, other times I just do a quick saute and still this marinated version which I saw from Tyler Florence which is just so flavorful that it’s quite often requested above all others. My husband doesn’t like raw mushrooms so these get just a quick saute in olive oil and those few minutes of heat goes a long way with helping these mushrooms marinate quite quickly.
The brightness of the parsley really pairs well with the mushrooms. This tastes great just after it cools down but is even better the following day after the flavors have had some time to meld. Oftentimes, I wind up eating all my marinated mushrooms first and forget all about the steak from the grill.
This makes a great side dish for backyard barbecues and grilling so make a batch and bring it along on a picnic of party.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds baby bella or button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ small onion, diced small
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add ¼ cup olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook them for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar, garlic, onion, and parsley.
- Pour over the remaining olive oil and season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour into a serving bowl and allow to cool. Serve at room temperature.