Peanut Butter, Banana & Bacon Cake
Yield 12 servings
- for the cake:
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 yellow cake mix, dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- For the Frosting
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- 1/3 cup milk, half and half or cream
- For the topping
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until creamy. Add dry yellow cake mix, eggs, oil and buttermilk. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and the center of the cake is set. Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and butter and beat together until creamy, add powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add milk or cream. Then add the remaining powdered sugar. If need be, add a splash more of milk or cream until your reach a light, fluffy consistency for the frosting.
- Garnish top of the cake with the crumbled bacon.
- Serves about 16 slices, depending on size.
Serving Size 1 pc
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 23.3 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 362 mg
Total Carbohydrates 83.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Sugars 72.1 g
Protein 7.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.