Quick and Simple Steelhead Trout Recipe
Quick and Simple Steelhead Trout Recipe is elegant enough for entertaining guests, but it’s also simple enough to make it for weeknight dinners
- 1 steelhead trout or salmon fillet
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- salt, pepper
- 1 teaspoon of zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil as the skin will stick to the pan.
- In a small skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes, until the shallot softens.
- Add the garlic and the lemon zest, cook for another minute. Cool slightly. Squeeze in half of the lemon juice.
- Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the butter sauce over the fish.
- Sprinkle with half of the minced dill.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes. The best way to check for doneness is to use a fork to gently prick the fish, and if it flakes easily, it's ready.
- Use two spatulas to take the fish off the baking sheet in one piece, or cut it into sections for serving.
- Squeeze the other half of the lemon juice over the fish and garnish with a little more fresh dill.