Roasted Cornish Game Hen
If you try this recipe, let us know! Tag us in your photo and send it to us #Kitchen_Dreaming on Instagram or @KitchenDreaming on Twitter. We’d LOVE to see your results!!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons lemon-pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together salt and lemon pepper. Rub olive oil all over the hens and season each with the salt mixture.
- Place the hens on a baking sheet pan or roaster with plenty of space between them. Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with some celery and onions.
- Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 °F and the juices run clear.
- Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving to allow the juices to redistribute.