Looking for a bright, flavorful Cranberry Sauce to go with your holiday meal? Want it made in your slow cooker? You’ve come to the right place. I have just the thing for you!
With Thanksgiving finally in our rearview mirror, we are now on the downward slope headed into the holiday season. The last quarter of the year is always a blur for me. In my world, there’s plenty of planning, oodles of lists, and shopping. Oh, the shopping! Who doesn’t love last minute trips to the store for a forgotten ingredient and the general running around to get everything ready for the holidays? It’s stressful just thinking about it!
So you know when I’m planning my holiday meal, I look for ways to free myself from the unnecessary stress and anxiety of it all. It’s a special day filled with family, friends, and memories. I like to make each holiday special and (hopefully) noteworthy, but in the mix of it all, I’m always wondering “What can I make ahead? What can I omit? What can go in my slow cooker?” Breathe. Just breathe in and exhale. You’ve got this!
So, when the editors of Better Homes and Gardens asked me to do a guest post on their food blog Delish-Dish, I knew immediately what I had to do: choose something delicious from their vast array of recipes that I could adapt for my slow cooker. I chose this delightful Cranberry Sauce with Lime and Ginger. It pairs wonderfully with our North African spiced Prime Rib and is filled with all the fresh, bright flavors we enjoy!
As a rule, I always recommend starting with a lesser amount of sweetener than stated in the recipe. Once the cranberries are cooked, give it a taste, and adjust the sweetness from there. You can always add more sweetener at the end, but if it’s too sweet, it can be hard to bring it back the other way if you are not prepared. Head over to BHG and check out the original stove-top version of this amazingly bright Cranberry Sauce recipe.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup pure raw honey
- ½ cup water
- 1½ teaspoons finely shredded lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 12 ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- For high heat, cover and cook for about 3 hours. For low heat, cover and cook for about 8 hours.
- Once the cranberries are finished cooking (you can tell because they pop open from the steam inside), use the back of a spoon or a potato masher to further crush the cranberries to your desired consistency.
- The sauce will thicken considerably as it cools.
If you liked this Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce with Ginger and Lime, you may also like: