Summer is heating up here in South Carolina (101 °F) and my daughter wanted to make S’mores but who can handle the heat of an open fire in this kind of summer heat! So I thought we could manage to give her that same iconic flavor in a brownie bite. Since these are bite sized, they take only a few minutes in the oven.
These S’mores Brownie Bites were super simple to put together. With a graham cracker cereal, miniature marshmallows and chocolate-y brownies, these cooked up quickly and disappeared even faster!
If you have a s’mores lover in your family, give these a try. They will not disappoint!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp instant espresso granules, optional
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup graham cracker cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 24 mini-muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (or on the stove in a saucepan).
- Add ¾ cup of the mini chocolate chips and the espresso powder (optional) and stir until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Next add the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the flour until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ½ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, fill each paper liner with about 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Push 3 mini marshmallows halfway down into the center of the batter.
- Add pieces of graham cracker cereal around the marshmallows.
- Bake until the marshmallows are puffed and light golden, about 12 minutes.