Tropical Banana Bread
If you try this recipe, let us know! Tag us in your photo and send it to us #Kitchen_Dreaming on Instagram or @KitchenDreaming on Twitter. We’d LOVE to see your results!!
For the bread
- ½ cup of oil (canola, vegetable or applesauce)
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups of All purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- ½ cup of macadamia nuts (optional)
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Coat two 8" x 4" loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place the oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs together in a bowl and beat with a mixer on low until creamy. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Add the bananas, pineapple and coconut stir until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
- Mix powdered sugar with water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency of a thick royal icing.
- Drizzle the top of the cooled cake with royal icing.