Let’s talk Wagyu Beef Burgers. Why didn’t anyone tell me how delicious these bad boys are? Obviously, I either I live under a rock or I’m just resistant to change and anything trendy (ok maybe it’s that last one – ugh). But WOW these are good.
I’m not the brand ambassador for D’artagnan Foods, but I wish I were because, for one thing, I adore their products, and my freezer is currently chock full of them. Last month, I caught a great sale and purchased the Wagyu Beef patties and set them aside to grill when we could savor and appreciate them — the weekend.
Planning ahead, we bought brioche rolls from the deli and then just subtly seasoned the beef patties. We wanted the Wagyu Beef to be the star of the burger – and that it surely was! Tender and juicy, it was everything you’d expect from a burger. It’s hands down the best burger I’ve ever eaten.
We topped the burgers themselves with caramelized onions, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and our new favorite homemade steak sauce. The steak sauce really enhanced the flavor of the beef. It was absolutely delicious. We served ours with baked Steak Fries (potato planks – as we call them) and a few Diner-Style Onion Rings and a fresh garden salad.
- 4 Wagyu Beef Patties, 8 oz each OR 2lbs of ground Wagyu Beef
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Brioche Rolls OR other Hamburger Rolls
- Vegetable Oil for the Grill Grates
- Caramelized Onions
- Cheddar Cheese
- Steak Sauce
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper.
- If not already formed, form the beef into 4 patties about ¾ inches thick. Press your thumb into the middle of each burger to form a depression in the center. This technique helps prevent the center from bulging out while cooking.
- Lightly brush the grill grates with oil. This helps keep the food from sticking to the grates.
- Place the burgers on the prepared, hot grill and cook until brown and slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes per side for a medium temperature burger. A medium burger will have some light pink through the middle, but will be primarily grayish-brown throughout. (this will be approximately 145-degrees F internal temperature).
These Wagyu Beef Burgers are perfect because they are:
- full of umami goodness
If you liked these Wagyu Beef Burgers, you may also like: