Three-Bean Beef Chili is hearty and filling. We have several variations to chose from as well.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, 93% or leaner
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, any variety
- 1 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- In a cast iron pan or large skillet, brown the grown beef together with the onions.
- Once the beef is browned and the onions are cooked, add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Next add the water, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and ground black pepper and stir well. Cook the spices for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and the rinsed and drained beans stirring well. Taste and adjust the salt and ground black pepper.
- Cover and simmer the chili for about 2 hours allowing the flavors time to meld. If during cooking, more moisture is required, use water to thin to your desired thickness. If the chili is to thin, uncover and cook a few minutes more until the desired consistency is achieved.
- A small amount of cumin added in the last 10 minutes of simmering enhances the aroma of the chili then taste and adjust the salt and pepper again, if necessary, just before serving.
- Category: soup, dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: how to, bean, beef, chili