Ready in just 12 minutes, these Air Fryer Sticky Chicken Tenders are doused in a sweet & spicy sticky sauce that brings sweet heat to your dinner table. #Sweet&Spicy #StickySauce #Chicken #Tenders #AirFryer #Dinner #KitchenDreaming
- 8 chicken breast tenders, raw
- 2 large, whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 to 2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce, original or buffalo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the sauce: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat hot sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and butter in a saucepan over medium-high stirring to combine. Continue heating until the mixture comes to a boil and the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. If the sauce becomes too thick once it cools, add a splash of water to thin to desired consistency.
- Pre-heat the air fryer according to manufacturer instructions.
- Set up a two-stage dredging station: Whisk the eggs and water together in a bowl. In a second bowl combine the panko, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Season the chicken: Dip the chicken pieces 3 or 4 at a time, into the egg mixture, then toss them in the seasoned panko, shaking to coat all sides. Repeat this procedure until all the tenders are coated.
- Place chicken in the air fryer taking care not to over-crowd the pan. Lightly spray the tops of the chicken with canola oil.
- Air-fry the chicken in two batches at 360ºF for 12 minutes, flipping the pieces over halfway through the cooking process.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, but do not cover. Repeat with the second batch of chicken tenders.
- When chicken strips are done cooking, toss in the sticky sauce.
- Serve warm with ranch, blue cheese, or honey mustard dressing, if desired.
Keywords: air fryer chicken tenders, air fryer chicken recipes