At the Holidays and for larger family gatherings and celebrations, I always like to have some quick appetizers on hand to tide people over until the main course is served. One such thing is a smoked fish spread.
Anyway, it was then that I decided to cedar smoke my own fish for my this dip instead of using liquid smoke and canned salmon. So, we did! We are very pleased with how this dip turned out, the flavor of the cedar smoke doesn’t overpower the Salmon and really blends well with the other flavors in this dip.
Of course, if you’re not into smoking your own fish (it’s not difficult at all), by all means, use a dash of liquid smoke or omit it all together. You can also use a Salmon packet or canned salmon for this recipe and it will work just as well. Let your palate be your guide. Enjoy!
The flavor of the cedar smoke doesn’t overpower the Salmon and really blends well with the other flavors in this Cedar Smoked Salmon Dip.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 lb (4 ounces) smoked salmon (or smoke your own – recipe here)
- Hot Sauce, to taste (optional)
- Liquid Smoke, to taste (optional)
- With an electric mixer cream the cheese until just smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, minced onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and mix.
- Add the smoked salmon and mix well.
- Add hot sauce and liquid smoke (optional) to taste.
- Chill and Enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 oz
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Fat: 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg