Jalapeno Popper Empanadas Author: Ronda Eagle | Kitchen Dreaming Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 40 mins Serves: 10
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature [See Note]
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded [See Note]
- 6 jalapenos, charred, peeled, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (10-rounds) frozen empanada wrappers, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and poblanos until well incorporated. Season the filling with salt and pepper.
- Unfold 1 sheet puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 5-inch diameter cutter, cut out 4 circles. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in the center of each round. Brush the edge of each circle with egg wash and fold each empanada into a half moon. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Transfer the empanadas to the prepared baking sheet and brush them with the remaining egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Up heat factor by leaving in the seeds, or add a habanero pepper to the mix.
Keywords: Jalapeno Popper Empanadas, Appetizer, MSG free, Easy, homemade, party ideas, cream cheese recipes, frozen empanada wrapper, kid frienly, Tex-mex recipes,