This Brownie Cheesecake can be topped in a variety of ways making it so versatile that my guests just gobble it up. Brownie Cheesecake with a toppings bar – a family favorite.
For the Brownie Layer:
- 1 pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix prepared according to the package instructions [See Note]
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- Caramel Sauce
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Toasted pecans
- Toasted Almonds
- Toasted Coconut
- Strawberry Sauce
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie batter per the package directions and pour into a foil or parchment lined 9-inch x 9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray or oiled with butter. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is shiny and center is almost fully set.
- While the brownie bakes, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Scrape sides and blend again until incorporated. Add the sour cream and mix well. Next, add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each one until just blended; set aside.
- After the brownies are almost set, remove the pan from the oven and carefully pour the cream cheese batter over the top of the brownie layer in pan. This will come almost to top of pan.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Put the cheesecake back into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until center is set. Remove from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack . Run a knife around the rim of the pan to loosen sides; cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
1). My mix used two eggs, 1/4 cup water and 2/3 cup vegetable oil.
Nutrition is calculated based on the recipe as written. Additions, omissions, or substitutions will change the calculated values shown. The addition, omission, or substitution of ingredients will alter the nutritional information shown. Nutrition percentages are based on a 2000-calorie diet. The FDA recommends 80 micrograms of vitamin K.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Brownie Cheesecake recipe, Home made, MSG free, kid friendly, Dessert bar, easy, quick,holiday party