Chicken Bacon Ranch Alfredo Sauce can be made entirely from scratch or from leftovers. You can easily swap out some ingredients for store-bought ones your family prefers. This creamy sauce is ready in just 30-minutes.
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced fine
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp powdered (dry) ranch dressing [See Note 1]
- 1 cup whole milk, half and half, or cream [See Note 2]
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese [See Note 3]
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 4 – 8 slices bacon, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil
- additional parmesan
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the onions and saute until translucent. You don’t want any color just softened.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute. This takes away the bitterness.
- Add the powdered ranch dressing mix over the onions and garlic and stir to combine. Add the milk, cream, or half and half and butter.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cook until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I find I use less salt since the bacon and Parmesan are quite salty enough.)
- Top cooked pasta with alfredo sauce, shredded chicken, and sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or basil.
- Traditional powdered ranch dressing packets are loaded with MSG, therefore, I make my own and always have it on hand. If you prefer, you may substitute 1 small seasoning packet.
- The richer the milk or cream you start with the richer and creamier the sauce.
- I used a block of Parmesan cheese and hand grate it, I find block cheese to be more flavorful than the pre-shredded variety. If you prefer, you may substitute in 1 bag of shredded cheese.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: how to, italian, alfredo, pasta, sauce, make, cook, prepare, cheese, homemade, from scratch, family friendly,