Icebox cakes are easy, delicious no-bake desserts usually prepared for a crowd. These creamy confections are easy to prepare, and require just a few ingredients, homemade or store-bought.
This Chocolate Chip Cookies N’ Cream Icebox cake is made with just 4 ingredients!
The recipe can easily be scaled for any size crowd and can also be made into individual portions (stacks) for a fun dessert tapas style.
Any type cookie or graham cracker can be substituted into a traditional icebox cake format to form a variety of flavor combinations. Today we will use the classic all American favorite; the choclate chip cookie.
Instead of plain whipped cream, we’ve dressed up with some instant coffee granules but Kaluah can also be added for an easy cocktail inspired adult dessert. We find these to be perfect for summer entertaining.
Alternate layers of cookies and cream to form this easy and luscious dessert.
Chill for at least 4 hours and up to overnight before serving to allow the cookies to become moist from the whipped cream.
Your guests will love this easy twist on a classic dish.
Have a sweet tooth? Check out these other Bakery-stlye desserts:
- Chocolate-Filled Pastry (Pain au Chocolat)
- Easy Raspberry Almond Sweet Rolls
- Baked Jelly Doughnut Bites
- Bakery-Style Double Chocolate Muffins
Chocolate Chip Cookies N' Cream Icebox Cake
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons instant Coffee [See Note 2]
- 2 (13-ounce) packages chocolate chip cookies, your favorite [See Note 3]
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream, and instant coffee powder. Mix on low speed to combine and then slowly raise the speed, until firm peaks form.
- To assemble the cake, arrange chocolate chip cookies flat in an 8-inch spring-form pan, covering the bottom as much as possible, breaking some cookies to fill in the spaces. Spread a fifth of the coffee whipped cream evenly over the cookies. Place another layer of cookies on top, lying flat and touching, followed by another fifth of the cream. Continue layering cookies and cream until there are 5 layers of each, ending with a layer of cream. Smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a small sharp knife around the outside of the cake and remove the sides of the pan. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chip crumbles, cut into wedges, and serve cold.
- Double the recipe for a 13" x 9" pan.
- Kahlua may be added for an adult cocktail inspired dessert. Add up to 1/4 cup of Kahlua, leaving the cream and sugar amounts the same.
- Store bought or about 33 homemade 2-inch cookies
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.