My daughter loves to cook and bake with me so when she had the opportunity to help me make these fun cookies, she was absolutely ecstatic. I found this recipe from Williams-Sonoma and it is actually part of their cooking with kids series though I had already chosen the recipe before I realized that fact.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Yield 2 dozen
This recipe is part of the cooking with kids recipe series from Williams-Sonoma.
- powdered sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray, butter or a silicone (non-stick) baking mat like Silpat or similar.
- Put the powdered sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients; flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy the color will change to a light yellow, about 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add 1 egg and beat on medium speed until blended. Add the other egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Turn off the mixer and add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until just mixed making sure to scrape down the bowl and make sure the dough is fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop up a rounded spoonful of dough. Roll the dough into a ball about the size of a walnut. Roll the ball in the powdered sugar until covered thoroughly. Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart, or 12 per sheet pan
- Bake the cookies until they are crackled and puffed, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Move the cookies onto the wire rack and let cool completely.
Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.5 g
Saturated Fat 2.7 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Total Carbohydrates 18.2 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 1.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.