This is the real deal – Carrabbas’s Marinara Sauce. This Marinara Sauce is ideal for dipping all your favorite appetizers. It’s fast and easy, and ready in just minutes!
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion, Finely chopped
- 2 scallions or green onions (white & green part) chopped fine
- 2 anchovy Fillets in oil, drained and finely chopped (Optional) [See Note 1]
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Sweet Red Wine
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh (chopped or torn)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot, Crushed, Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions, anchovies (if using), garlic, and cook. Stir occasionally until garlic is fragrant for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine. Pour the tomatoes and their juices into a bowl. Crush the tomatoes between your fingers, and pour the mixture into the saucepan. Add the oregano, hot pepper flakes, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to med.-low. Simmer, stirring often, until the tomato juices have thickened and the sauce has reduced slightly, about 30 minutes.
- The sauce can be cooled, covered, and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Or freeze for up to 2 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: carrabba's, Italian Marinara, sauce, copycat recipe, homemade, from scratch, at home, spicy, how to make marinara, easy, quick,