Corn and Avocado Salsa
Corn and Avocado Salsa is full of bright flavors that can make tacos shine or pair with chips for a quick snack
- 1 Florida Avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced small
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Black beans rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tbsp key lime juice, bottled
- salt, to taste
- Mix all ingredients except the avocado in a large bowl. Taste the seasonings and adjust, if necessary. Gently fold in the avocado and again taste the seasonings and adjust, if necessary.
- Serve Immediately.
- Note: Once the avocado has been tossed in the lime juice, it will slow the browning process and if appropriately coated, will last a day or so in the fridge this way. To help further prevent the browning process, place plastic wrap directly on top of the salsa creating a barrier (skin, if you will) between the air and avocado as the air is what causes it to turn oxidize and turn brown.
Serving Size 158 g
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.1 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Sodium 27 mg
Total Carbohydrates 40.7 g
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 12.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.