This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
This Hot Crab Dip is slightly spicy from a few dashes of our favorite hot sauce and tangy from just a pinch of dry mustard. It’s the PERFECT appetizer for parties, Holidays, game day, and potlucks.
Serve this delicious appetizer hot with Homemade Old Bay Seasoned Crackers. You can prepare these in the oven while the dip bakes. These crackers always go fast so I recommend doubling the recipe and making two sleeves of crackers to accompany the dip.
It’s the perfect, easy entertaining style party appetizer I reach for every single time.
Looking for more Easy Appetizers?
Want To Try This Hot Crab Dip Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
This Hot Crab Dip is slightly spicy from a few dashes of our favorite hot sauce and tangy from just a pinch of dry mustard. We serve this delicious appetizer hot with flavored saltine crackers which I prepare in the oven while the dip bakes. It’s the perfect party appetizer.
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked free of any shells
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise [See Note 2]
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese or cheddar cheese [See Note 1]
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced, optional
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs [See Note 3]
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except Panko breadcrumbs) in a casserole and gently stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a lightly oiled casserole dish and top with Panko breadcrubs.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, or crostini bread slices.
- You may use all cheddar or all pepper Jack if you prefer.
- Mayonnaise works best over Miracle Whip for this recipe. It’s a flavor thing.
- Panko are Japanese style breadcrums sold near the traditional bread crumbs. You may omit with no substitution if desired.
Keywords: hot crab dip, crab appetizer, seafood dip
Follow Along on Social Media
This post was last updated on