This Hot Crab Dip is slightly spicy from a few dashes of our favorite hot sauce and tangy from just a pinch of dry mustard. We serve this delicious appetizer hot with Seasoned Crackers which I prepare in the oven while the dip bakes. It’s the perfect party appetizer.
I love that this appetizer comes together in one bowl, then I just pour it into a casserole dish and bake it in the oven. It comes out perfect every time and is always a crowd pleaser.
To make this dish a little more special, I serve it with Old Bay Seasoning flavored saltine crackers which I bake up fresh and hot in the oven as the dip cooks. These crackers always go fast so I recommend doubling the recipe and making two sleeves of crackers to accompany the dip.
Do you have a favorite hot dip you serve your guests? Share it with me below in the comments, I’d love to hear from you!
Hot Crab Dip
This Hot Crab Dip is slightly spicy from a few dashes of our favorite hot sauce and tangy from just a pinch of dry mustard. We serve this delicious appetizer hot with flavored saltine crackers which I prepare in the oven while the dip bakes. It's the perfect party appetizer.
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked free of any shells
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise [See Note 2]
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese or cheddar cheese [See Note 1]
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced, optional
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs [See Note 3]
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients (excpet Panko breadcrumbs) in a casserole and gently stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a lightly oiled casserole dish and top with Panko breadcrubs.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, or crostini bread slices.
- You may use all cheddar or all pepperjack if you prefer.
- Mayonnaise works best over Miracle Whip for this recipe. It's a flavor thing.
- Pank are Jaanese style breadcrums sold near the traditional bread crumbs. You may omit with no substitution if desired.