This Hot Crab Dip is slightly spicy from a few dashes of our favorite hot sauce and tangy from just a pinch of dry mustard. We serve this delicious appetizer hot with Seasoned Crackers which I prepare in the oven while the dip bakes. It’s the perfect party appetizer.
I love that this appetizer comes together in one bowl, then I just pour it into a casserole dish and bake it in the oven. It comes out perfect every time and is always a crowd pleaser.
To make this dish a little more special, I serve it with Old Bay Seasoning flavored saltine crackers which I bake up fresh and hot in the oven as the dip cooks. These crackers always go fast so I recommend doubling the recipe and making two sleeves of crackers to accompany the dip.
Need some other quick appetizers? Check these out:
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Nashville Hot Chicken Wings
- Baked Parmesan Cheese Fries
- BLT Dip
- Barbecue Dry-Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread
Craving more crab recipes? Check these out.
- Wild Alaska Crab Cups Topped with Caviar
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Steamed King Crab Legs
- Crab Legs Scampi
Hot Crab Dip
This Hot Crab Dip is slightly spicy from a few dashes of our favorite hot sauce and tangy from just a pinch of dry mustard. We serve this delicious appetizer hot with flavored saltine crackers which I prepare in the oven while the dip bakes. It's the perfect party appetizer.
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked free of any shells
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise [See Note 2]
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese or cheddar cheese [See Note 1]
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced, optional
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs [See Note 3]
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients (excpet Panko breadcrumbs) in a casserole and gently stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a lightly oiled casserole dish and top with Panko breadcrubs.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, or crostini bread slices.
- You may use all cheddar or all pepperjack if you prefer.
- Mayonnaise works best over Miracle Whip for this recipe. It's a flavor thing.
- Pank are Jaanese style breadcrums sold near the traditional bread crumbs. You may omit with no substitution if desired.