She is already asking for this dish again but with crab being so expensive right now, I am waiting to catch a sale. Luckily for us, she can get her fix at a Seafood Restaurant we all like at the beach.
Crab Legs Scampi
Crab legs scampi is a rich treat for buttery crab lovers. Pair with a fresh garden salad and enjoy this wonderful treat from the sea.
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 cloves sliced thin and 1 minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons
- 1 small loaf of crusty bread, sliced in half horizontally and then into 4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 pounds cooked snow crab legs
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Mixing 1/2 stick of the softened butter with the minced garlic and 1/8 cup of the chopped parsley. Set aside.
- To make the butter sauce, squeeze the juice of 1 of the lemons into a shallow saucepan. Reduce by half over medium heat, then whisk in the remaining 1/2 stick of butter until emulsified.
- Spread a thin layer of the compound butter on each side of the bread slices. Put the bread on a large baking sheet in a single layer and toast until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a saute pan to medium heat and add the grapeseed oil. Add the sliced garlic and sweat. Add the chile flakes and cook for 20 seconds. Add the snow crab legs. Saute until the crab legs are warm, and then finish with the butter sauce, tossing together for a few minutes until combined.
- Cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Serve the crab legs over the toasted bread with the lemon wedges on the side. Garnish with the rest of the chopped parsley.
Serving Size 6 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 52.7 g
Saturated Fat 22.7 g
Cholesterol 204 mg
Sodium 1211 mg
Total Carbohydrates 50.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 32.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.