This year for your Holiday table, I’ve made this beautiful Cranberry Cheesecake. Light and fluffy, it’s topped with my very own homemade cranberry sauce that doubles as a side for my dinner table. Using ingredients in more than one preparation to meet a theme is something I really enjoy and I hope that you will too.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberry sauce (our recipe here: fresh Cranberry sauce)
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil . Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until berries pop, about 12-15 minutes. Cool & set aside.
- For the filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Spoon 1/4 cup topping over filling; cut through filling with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a larger pan; add 1 inch of hot water to the larger pan. This keeps the cake moist while baking and helps prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
- Bake about 75 minutes or until center is set and giggles only slightly when moved. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Pour remaining topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg