The sweet yet savory flavor of this creamy corn pudding side dish makes it the perfect comfort food and accompaniment to your next holiday dinner. The recipe uses common pantry ingredients making it easy to prepare.
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup sour cream [See Note 1]
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (15-ounce) can regular corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups crispy onions [See Note 2]
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley or other herbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and oil in a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the sour cream, melted butter, and egg. Add the corn, cream corn, and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Spread batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with crispy onions, and return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
- You may substitute low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt or use a combination.
- Caramelized onions also work well here.
- Category: Side
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American, Southern
Keywords: baked, corn pudding, vegetarian, side dish, vegetable