Crispy Roasted Duck with Marquise Potatoes and Cranberry Compote
Crispy Roasted Duck with Marquise Potatoes and Cranberry Compote is served at Walt Disney World and can be made at home for a fraction of the cost.
- 6-8 pound fresh or frozen duck
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marquise Potatoes (Potato Cakes)
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 4 strips bacon, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, divided
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cranberry Compote
- 1 cup pomegranate Juice
- 1/4 cup Massachusetts Rubies Sauce
- For duck:
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Roast duck for 25 to 35 minutes, or until medium rare. Rest until cool enough to remove breast, thighs, and legs, keeping the skin intact.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add duck breast, skin side down, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
- Place thighs and drumsticks, skin side up, back in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Transfer duck to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- For marquise potatoes (potato cakes):
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain and cool on a perforated pan. Shred the potatoes with a box grater; set aside.
- Sauté bacon until crisp in a medium skillet. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add bacon and onions to the shredded potatoes. Mix in parsley, egg, and 1 tablespoon flour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into eight 3-inch cakes. Dredge the cakes lightly in remaining flour, coating both sides.
- Heat the butter in large skillet over high heat. Cook the cakes until golden brown on both sides.
- For pomegranate jus:
- Heat pomegranate juice in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add Massachusetts Rubies Sauce and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes to combine.
- To serve:
- Place 2 potato cakes on plates and serve with duck breast slices, thighs and drumsticks.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cranberry compote underneath sliced duck
The nutritional information is approximate and based on a 6 to 8 oz serving of duck.
Serving Size 6- 8 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 47.4 g
Saturated Fat 17.8 g
Cholesterol 341 mg
Sodium 487 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 86 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.