ice pudding is such a simple a dish yet it’s powerful enough to take you back to another place in time. It’s also a great way to use up leftover milk.
- 2 cups rice, any variety except quick-cooking, parboiled
- 6 cups whole milk, plus more if needed at the end of cooking
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, Splenda, OR Stevia
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins, pre-soaked in warm water to soften and drained
- In a 5-to-6 quart slow cooker , stir in the rice and milk.
- Cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the mixture has slightly thickened, 3 to 4 hours on high. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and raisins.
- Spoon into bowls and serve.
- You can use skim or part-skim in this recipe, but the rice pudding with be less creamy.
- The nutritional information is written for the use of whole milk. Using skim milk, the calories are about 100 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crock pot, rice, pudding