As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
These Easy Raspberry Almond Sweet Rolls are filled with a cream cheese and raspberry filling. These little buns are a favorite brunch pastry and use up some leftover ingredients in the refrigerator.
Why is it that getting ready to go on vacation winds up being so stressful? I mean, seriously, I have what feels to be 100 loose ends to finish up “before I can go” and we all know that’s not realistic. Am I really not going to leave on vacation because I didn’t finish up one thing or another? Maybe you – but not me. So anyway, I still have another 50 hour work week ahead of me, plus to pack and to get all the routine things done, pile on top of that the 100 non-routine things that “have to get done” and you can probably feel my anxiety.
Cleaning out the fridge is one task I, like many of you, dislike. It’s one of the things that has to get done though because no one wants to come home to spoiled food after a long relaxing vacation. Least of all, me. So when I was pushing around jars of condiments looking at what I had in the deep recesses of the fridge, I found a jar of raspberry jam with what looked to be just remnants in the jar. I set that aside to clean and recycle.
Pawing through the meat and cheese drawer, I found a half used package of cream cheese wrapped up from last week’s One-Pot Penne Chicken endeavor That needs to find a use, too – or hit the freezer.
Crescent rolls have a long shelf life and these were purchased for a Sunday Supper that quite honestly, we forgot to bake so they’ve been sitting there a while now waiting for a use. Usually my daughter and I eat those as a brunch for our weekly girls day when my husband is working at the station. It’s one thing I always know she will eat.
We’ve filled it with chocolate and made it into bread, eaten Homemade Toaster Strudels and even made an Easy Cheese Danish with Fresh Berries, too. Today we are having a quick and Easy Raspberry Almond Sweet Roll.
So now that breakfast is out of the way we can get down with those other 99 tasks on my “must do before I can leave list.” It’s just a little extra stress I like to put on myself seeming to make my vacation seem all the more relaxing. :)
Have a sweet tooth? Check out these other Bakery-stlye desserts:
- Chocolate-Filled Pastry (Pain au Chocolat)
- Baked Jelly Doughnut Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookies N’ Cream Icebox Cake
- Bakery-Style Double Chocolate Muffins
Easy Raspberry Almond Sweet Rolls
For the Sweet rolls:
- parchment paper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can Crescent dough
- 3-4 tablespoons raspberry jam or jelly
- 2 ounces cream cheese - , softened [See Note 1]
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract [See Note 2]
- almond slivers or crushed almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in a baking tray. Very lightly dust it with flour to prevent sticking.
- Unroll crescent dough onto parchment and stretch into a rectangle.
- Spread softened cream cheese over the entire dough surface leaving just 1/2 inch along one long side. Repeat with jam.
- Roll dough starting on the long edge into a log. Use the parchment to help roll by lifting and rolling the dough into a tight log.
- Slice into sections about 3/4 inch. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake about 12 - 15 minutes, or until just lightly golden brown.
- To make glaze, combine sugar, milk and almond extract until smooth. If royal icing is too thick add a few more drops of milk just to thin it out a little.
- With a spoon, piping bag, or zip top bag with a small hole cut into one corner, drizzle the glaze over the top of the pastry.
- Garnish with almonds and serve warm.
- I soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 10 seconds or so and stir it in a bowl. This makes it very easy to spread.
- If you do not have almond, substitute with vanilla.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on