Peanut Butter Banana and Bacon Ice Cream has all of the favorites of Elvis and is made without an ice cream maker. This no-churn ice cream is a flavor bomb.
I’ve been on a bit of an ice cream kick lately. Nothing to it except I’ve been seeing so many recipes I wanted to make some even though I didn’t have an ice cream maker. I found a really simple base and played with a few flavors.
They have all been very, very yummy so far.I was writing up my first ice cream blog when suddenly it hit me. BACON! “Mmmmm,” I thought “bacon ice cream. What goes well with bacon?” Answer: “Peanut Butter and Bananas.”
Then I realized my subconscious mind was making an Elvis-inspired ice cream sundae! Maybe there’s something to this…
So here it is, our Kitchen Dreaming tribute to Elvis! Everything but my Blue Suede Shoe ice cream sundae complete with bananas, candied bacon and of course peanut butter swirled in the batter. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter, Banana, & Bacon
- 2 cups heavy cream , very cold
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 slices of candied bacon , crumbled (recipe here)
- 2 large bananas , diced
- 1 cup peanut butter , divided into dollops
- Ice cream cones , for serving (optional)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl on medium-high until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Gently fold in the peanut butter followed by the bananas and crumbled bacon.
- Spoon the cream mixture into a 4 1/2- by 8 1/2-inch loaf pan or 1 1/2-quart freezer-safe container. Spoon half the “add- ins” on top. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours. Once set, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks.