Traditional marinated feta comes soaked in olive oil. The problem is this is costly and often it’s hard to get the feta flavor through all that oil. Preparing it myself, I can cut the cost by 2/3, and have a fresh tasting platter my guests truly enjoy.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 (8 ounce) packages of Greek feta, drained
- 1/2 cup green Greek olives with pits
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the herbs and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Lay the feta slices overlapping on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the feta with the entire herb mixture. Add the olives and tomatoes around the feta slices. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to two weeks.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek-Style Marinated Feta Cheese with Herbs and Oil, appetizer, homemade, from scratch, party idea, recipe, ingredients, entertaining, cheese tray, msg free, how to make,