My husband and I were given a box of Filet Mignon and King Crab legs for Christmas. When we received it, we looked at each other and instantly knew that we were going to save this for a special date night dinner.
Grilled perfectly, the steak was tender and delicious and the crab legs were salty and succulent. We topped our steaks (not pictured) with a bit of peppered goat cheese and parsley. Ready in under 30 minutes, this is a delicious and easy special occasion meal to enjoy on date night with your sweetie. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Grilled Filet Mignon with Steamed King Crab Legs
- 2 (6-ounce) filet mignon, about 1 inch thick
- 2 lbs Alaskan King Crab Legs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ounce fresh goat cheese, cut into 2 slices
- fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, for garnish
- Heat your grill to high.
- Brush the filets with the oil and season both sides of each filet with the salt and 1 side of each filet with the black pepper. Place the steaks on the grill, pepper side down and grill until lightly charred and crusty, 5 to 6 minutes minutes. Turn the steaks over, and grill for and additional 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- Turn the steaks, once more so that the pepper side is facing up and top each filet with a slice of the cheese. Close the cover and grill until the cheese begins to melt slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove the steaks from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley leaves, before serving.
- For the Crab:
- Steam on rack over 3/4 inch boiling water 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with melted butter