- 3 habanero chilies , stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 4 tbsp honey
- kosher salt , to taste
- If you have a gas stove, you can roast these directly over the flame otherwise you can roast these over a hot grill or even in the oven until they are soft and charred all over. Then, transfer them directly into a blender.
- Next, in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, heat the vinegar, honey and salt and stir until dissolved; about 1 minute. Pour the vinegar into the blender and puree until smooth.
- If you prefer, you can strain the vinegar while you transfer it to a jar or a squirt bottle. Otherwise, pour it all into the storage vessel.
- Refrigerate between uses and the vinegar is stable for up to two weeks.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.