This is a super simple appetizer that my guests really seem to enjoy. We have made this in the past with our favorite blue cheese with very good results. We really like to roll our cheese in fresh parsley from our garden, but you could also use fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, fresh basil or even chopped nuts. This is so simple in it’s ingredients and so easy to prepare that it really frees you up to get other more intricate parts of the meal plan done. Enjoy.
Herb and Peppered Goat Cheese Balls
Yield 16 serving
Herb and Peppered Goat Cheese Balls are so simple to prepare that it really frees you up to get other more intricate parts of the meal plan.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Using about 2 teaspoons of cheese for each, form the goat cheese into 1-inch diameter balls.
- Roll the cheese balls in the herb mixture to coat completely. Arrange the cheese balls on a platter. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil over and around the cheese balls.
- Serve with crackers, fresh vegetables or crostini.
- The cheese balls can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate the cheese balls.
Serving Size 1 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11.4 g
Saturated Fat 7.2 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 134 mg
Total Carbohydrates 0.7 g
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 8.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.