Unlike new potatoes, they are fully mature when harvested.After infusing some olive oil with some minced garlic, I tossed in my potatoes and poured them out onto a baking sheet making sure to get them spread out into a single layer. After about 30 minutes, they were done. It was really just that simple.
The outer skins were crispy with a hint of garlic and the centers were still so creamy. The chopped fresh parsley brought a nice fresh flavor note to the dish and is absolutely one of my favorite herbs. These potatoes were absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
Looking for more vegetable inspiration? Check out these recipes:
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Potato Croquettes
- Ginger Glazed Carrots
- Cornbread Stuffing & Dressing
- Asparagus with Blue Cheese & Toasted Walnuts
- Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Balsamic
- Green Bean Casserole
- Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage
- Braised Kale Greens
1 lb fingerling potatoes, any variety 1/4 Olive oil 2 tsp garlic, minced 1 -2 sprigs rosemary (optional) salt and pepper, to taste 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, any variety
- 1/4 Olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 -2 sprigs rosemary (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Pre-heat the oven to 450° F.
- Remove the herbs from their stems, discard the stems, and chop the herbs finely.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat the olive oil and place the herbs and the minced garlic cloves into the olive oil and let sit while the oven is heating up. It doesn’t have to get really hot, we just want to infuse the oil with all the wonderful flavors of the herbs and garlic.
- Cut the fingerling potatoes in half horizontally.
- Next, add the potatoes to the oil & herbs and stir together to coat the potatoes. Then pour out onto the baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. They will have a crusty exterior with a creamy center. Enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Fat: 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg