This quick and easy recipe for homemade Spaghettios can be made in under 30-minutes and is sure to please your family. Lower in sugar than traditional spaghettios, this wholesome dish is a great lunch or snack and can be made gluten-free by swapping out the pasta for gluten-free pasta.
- 15 oz can organic tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar or other sweetener like agave, Stevia or honey [See Note 1]
- 1 cup uncooked Anelli Siciliani pasta
- In a small saucepan, add together all ingredients except the pasta then bring to a boil, over medium high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook on low until the butter melts completely.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until desired texture is reached remembering that the pasta will further soften as it absorbs the sauce.
- Drain pasta extra well and pour into the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Traditional spaghettios have a lot more added sugar and high fructose corn syrup added. to made them sweeter, increase your sweetener of choice to your desired sweetness.
- When reheating any leftovers, simply stir in a dash of milk or water, if needed, to loosen the sauce.
Keywords: Homemade Spaghettios recipe, Spaghettios copy cat recipe, home made, kid friendly, lunch time, tomato sauce, 30 minute meals, pasta