This quick and easy recipe for homemade Spaghettios can be made in under 30-minutes and is sure to please your family. Lower in sugar than traditional spaghettios, this wholesome dish is a great lunch or snack and can be made gluten-free by swapping out the pasta for gluten-free pasta.
- 15 oz can organic tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar or other sweetener like agave, Stevia or honey [See Note 1]
- 1 cup uncooked Anelli Siciliani pasta
- In a small saucepan, add together all ingredients except the pasta then bring to a boil, over medium high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook on low until the butter melts completely.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until desired texture is reached remembering that the pasta will further soften as it absorbs the sauce.
- Drain pasta extra well and pour into the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Traditional spaghettios have a lot more added sugar and high fructose corn syrup added. to made them sweeter, increase your sweetener of choice to your desired sweetness.
- When reheating any leftovers, simply stir in a dash of milk or water, if needed, to loosen the sauce.
- Nutrition is calculated based on the recipe as written. Additions, omissions, or substitutions will change the calculated values shown. The addition, omission, or substitution of ingredients will alter the nutritional information shown. Nutrition percentages are based on a 2000-calorie diet. The FDA recommends 80 micrograms of vitamin K.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Homemade Spaghettios recipe, Spaghettios copy cat recipe, home made, kid friendly, lunch time, tomato sauce, 30 minute meals, pasta