This Hot jalapeño Corn Dip is packed with flavor starting with the fresh, steamed corn and then combined with chopped cilantro, diced jalapeños, and sliced green onions.
- 3 cups Sunshine Sweet Corn, sliced from the cob
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced fine
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded jalapeño jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Steam the fresh corn kernels in the microwave by wetting some paper towels and without straining them, placing them in the bottom of a large microwave-safe bowl. Then pour the corn kernels into the bowl and cover them with another layer of moist paper towels. Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Cook for 2 minutes or until fully heated but still crisp.
- Remove both layers of paper towels and then mix together all of your ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for the top of the dish.
- Transfer the corn dip mixture into a 1.5-quart baking dish and top with the reserved shredded cheese.
- Bake 20 – 30 minutes until the top is golden and the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with your choice of chips, crostini, or fresh vegetable sticks.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot, jalapeno, corn, dip