Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 - 8oz pkgs reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos
- 1 cup chipotle panko bread crumbs
- 2 Fresh Jalapenos, diced (Optio
- In a food processor add the first 4 ingredients and process until smooth. You do not need to drain either can of peppers. Spread the dip into a greased 2 quart casserole or cast iron skillet. Top with bread crumbs evenly over the dip and bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes. You want the top to get browned and the dip to be heated through and bubble gently on the edges. Serve with Buttery crackers or a sliced French baguette.
- In our dip, we wanted to intensify the heat a bit so we added two fresh jalapenos, seeded, deveined and diced. You can leave these out or add more to further intensify the flavors. I'm a little bit of a spicy whimp so two fresh jalapenos was all I could handle.