Summer is here and grilling has become my passion. Grilling is something that intimidates a lot of people and can be difficult to get right – especially for beginners. Cooking a flawless bone-in ribeye steak takes time and patience to perfect. One thing is for sure though, once you learn the secrets to mastering the art of grilling perfect steaks, there will be no holding you back.
- 4 3/4-pound bone-in ribeye steaks
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prarie Dust Steak Seasoning:
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric [See Note 1]
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander [See Note 2]
- Preheat a grill to medium-high and prepare for indirect grilling: For a charcoal grill, bank the hot coals to one side and leave the other half empty. For a gas grill, preheat all the burners, then turn off half the burners and keep the others on medium-high heat.
- Grill the steak: Pat the meat dry with paper towels. Lightly brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and/or Prairie Dust. Place the steaks on indirect heat (the unlit side of the grill); cover and cook, turning halfway through until a digital kitchen thermometer inserted into the center registers 110 degrees F, about 15-minutes. Transfer to direct heat and cook, turning, until the steaks are charred and the thermometer registers 125 degrees F to 130 degrees F for medium-rare doneness, 4 to 6 more minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Carve the meat from the bones and slice against the grain. Serve with any collected juices. [See Note 3]
- For the Prairie Dust Steak Seasoning, if you do not have turmeric already on the shelf simply omit it.
- Again, for the Prairie Dust Steak Seasoning, if you do not have ground coriander already on the shelf substitute with ground cumin if you have it.
- To serve like a steakhouse, brush the top of the steak with a little bit of melted butter before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: BBQ, Grill, Smoker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef, steaks, rib eye, grill