With under 10-ingredients, this Italian-Style Instant Pot Pot Roast is as yummy as it is easy to prepare. #InstantPot #Recipes #Electric #PressureCooker
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 3 cups (24-ounces) Bertolli Rustic Cut Pasta Sauce, Roasted Garlic Marinara
- 1/2 cup sweet Red wine [See Note 1]
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of red pepper flakes [See Note 2]
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place beef roast down in a 6-quart Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker. If desired, seer on all sides for color.
- Mix tomato sauce with red wine and pour on top. Add bay leaves.
- Secure lid and set lid to seal. Set on Manual with the warming feature off (press manual button twice on Instant Pot to turn warming off) for 60 minutes. (Note: It will take approximately 15 minutes for pot to reach full pressure before the 60 minute timer will start.)
- Let Instant Pot naturally release (do not use the quick release) for at least 15-20 minutes before quick releasing. I personally prefer to let it completely naturally release. Using the quick release can cause tough meat.
- Wine may be replaced with water, if desired. This will result in a flavor loss.
- Red pepper flakes are optional and may be omitted without substitution.
Notes on the Perfect Instant Pot Roast
- We used a 6 quart Instant Pot to make this recipe. Using an electric pressure cooker is a great convenience in the kitchen, but ALWAYS follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for safety.
- If using a smaller pot, you may need to reduce the recipe to avoid overflow.
- DO NOT Quick Release this recipe immediately after cooking. Also, DO NOT EVER cover the vent of your electric pressure cooker.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italinan
Keywords: Italian, Pot Roast, Pressure Cooker, recipe, instant pot, homemade, how to make, msg free, beef, dinner, family friendly, easy,