Loaded Pasta Carbonara
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon fat in now-empty skillet until well browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice crosswise into thin strips and reserve.
- Whisk eggs and cheese in medium bowl. Heat now-empty skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add 1 teaspoon pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in wine and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk wine mixture into egg mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve 1?2 cup cooking water. Place peas in a colander, drain pasta and transfer pasta and peas to pot. Stir in chicken, egg-wine mixture, and bacon, adding reserved water as needed. Serve at once.