These Peppermint Patty Truffles are:
Looking for some more candy recipes? Check these out:
Peppermint Patty Truffles with a dark chocolate shell covering a creamy peppermint center.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon pure peppermint extract
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- To a large bowl, add the condensed milk, 4 cups of powdered sugar, and the extract to a large mixing bowl. On medium, mix together all the ingredients are well incorporated. Add the last of the powdered sugar in increments until the dough is stiff but still pliable and not dry or crumbly.
- Roll the dough into balls about 3/4″ diameter. If you’d prefer to make a more traditional Peppermint Patty, flatten the balls somewhat to form a patty shape. Place them on a sheet pan lined with a silpat, wax or parchment paper.
- Optional: Place the pan into the freezer to allow the dough firm up a bit. Chill dough for about 15 minutes.
- When the dough is finished chilling, begin tempering the chocolate coating. Place chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl or glass measuring cup. Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each time interval until chocolate is smooth. Remove the dough from the freezer.
- Place the dough ball on the tines of the fork and dip in the chocolate until completely covered. Allow for the excess chocolate to drip off the dough before setting each one on back on top of the wax, parchment or silpat liner.
- Allow the coating to completely set up. This can be achieved quickly by placing the dough back in the refrigerator or freezer. The truffles are ready when the chocolate shell coating has hardened.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg