A great appetizer or finger-food for game day or family fun night. Little ones like to help spreading the cheese and adding the pepperoni.
- 1 1-lb pizza dough, homemade or pre-packaged
- 1 /4 cup pizza sauce, homemade or jarred
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package pepperoni rounds, any variety
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and lightly oil a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle approximately 9″ x 16″ long and about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Add about 1/4 cup of pizza sauce onto the dough and spread it evenly edge to edge across the entire crust.
- Cover the dough evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add pepperoni, as much or as little as desired, evenly across the pizza.
- Working with the long edge, carefully roll the pizza into a log.
- Slice pinwheels about 1 inch thick. Move pinwheel to a prepared cookie sheet tucking the loose end in under the pinwheel to secure it.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade pizza rolls, pizza pinwheels, pizza dough recipes